House Acoustic Certification from 2012

From 2012 the houses will be classified according to the decibels insulation.

From 2012 to sell or rent an accommodation you will also need acoustic certification in addition to the energy certificate. The obligation, which will soon be governed by a specific standard, will implement the Uni 11367 procedure (“Building acoustics – Acoustical classification of real estate units – Valuation and verification procedure”) published these days by the Italian national body of unification. An acoustic classification of housing units is expected that attests to the home class, as is the case with energy, but with some profound differences. The most important thing is that while the energy certificate is compiled based on calculations, the acoustic certificate will be drawn up on the basis of a test (test) carried out in all the rooms of the apartment. From the test you will get an index that will allow the acoustic classification in four classes of the real estate unit. Here’s a new job for engineers who will find out with instrumental tests and special features that will give more specific weight to soundproof than the energy one.

There is already one who estimates that the cost of the auditory certificate will vary between five to ten times more than the energy certification and hence with a variable charge charge of between seven hundred and one thousand euros. It should also be considered that the acoustic certification will have limited validity over time and will therefore be subject to periodic testing, as is the case for boiler-fired boilers and compulsory testing. The UNI 11367 will be an integral part of the standard setting up the acoustic certification requirement and will regulate: a) the procedure to be followed in acoustic tests; b) reporting the results to future owners/residents on the acoustic characteristics of the home; protection of the various subjects involved in the building process (designers, manufacturers of building materials, builders, sellers, etc.) from possible subsequent disputes. The standard applies to all types of buildings, except for agricultural, craft and industrial use, while for hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and schools standard norms are defined by a specific appendix. There are four different acoustic efficiency classes: the quieter one that is in Class 1 to the louder in Class 4.

Substantial studies have found that Italian buildings are for the majority of cases in Class 3. The current decree in force, the DPCM on December 5, 1997, sets unique reference values ​​very close to those of the third class of the Uni. In practice, test technicians will evaluate the acoustic efficiency of each real estate unit with particular regard to façade isolation, insulation against neighbors (both for airborne noise and trampling noise) and the sound level of the installations. In the case of hotels, noise isolation between rooms of the same unit (eg between rooms) is also considered.

With this set of rules (energy, acoustic and structural), it improves the information available to the user of the building’s property by placing on the market a graduated classification of properties, giving them a new economic value not only tied to the surface and to its constructive features, but also to its ability to meet often needs (comfort, privacy, CO2 emissions, material consumption, cost of heating and electricity). For all this, Jendy Joss products are a real guarantee of obtaining the best acoustic performance.